How do we involve YOU the parent?
- Verbal feedback: teachers are conscious to give feedback on a daily basis regarding specific development.. you will not hear our teachers saying “she was grand, had a good day, bye”… instead teachers will inform you that he/she took part in literacy and early science, noticed an improvement in pincer grip, also showed me a “garda car” he/she had drawn by herself, he/she also told me that “if the sea is light blue sharks can see, but if it is dark blue sharks can’t see..” a great morning, slan!
- Special learning journals: each child is allocated a special scrapbook. Here, teacher comments are filled, in relation to your child’s development and learning. Samples of work and Photos of all the fun are also filed in the scrapbook. A nice “keep safe”, but hopefully a way of keeping you involved and as up to date as much as possible in your child’s development at Kickstart.
- Parent’s information corner: teachers have allocated areas where they stick up Childrens work keeping you up to date on the fun
- Parent meetings: teachers hold meetings twice a year so any concerns and/or great news can be chatted about
- Parent coffee mornings: these are held most half terms e.g at Halloween, Christmas & Easter, this is to coincide with the children’s parties but also to allow parents to get together.
- Newsletters: these will be emailed termly with any updated or relevant info
- Parent booklets: Booklets outlining what the children are learning about will be emailed every 2 weeks in accordance with the children’s new learning journey. The booklets will have suggested activities for home, some related coloring pages children can paint on a rainy day!.
- Facebook: weekly updates are placed up on Facebook – so make sure you log in!
- Website: ensure you check out our parent’s page regularly, as this will have updates such as holiday dates etc
- Parent seminars: Parents will be invited to attend parent seminars based on a selection of topics that parents choose e.g how to help my child with reading.. how to teach addition.. behavior management at home and so on.
PARENT APP – Once you have signed with us, you will gain access to our parent app, which will allow you access to all our policies and procedure. This app also allows daily communication with your child’s teacher. Videos and photos, with development reports, will all be sent through the app. The app is designed for formal and informal chats with your child’s teacher and or manager if needed.
On accepting a placement at Kickstart we ask the following:
- Children bring slippers with a grip sole to wear within the playrooms & wellies are provided for outdoor play in Winter
- Children are asked to bring their own “cushion”, so they are comfy whilst sitting for playtimes!
- All belongings are labeled clearly with a permanent marker
- Sun cream & sun hats are provided during the spring & summer term
- All payments are made payable by standing order on a monthly basis
- If the child is absent, contact l must be made to the preschool informing the teacher of illness, etc
- If your child is ill, they must stay out for at least 24 hours or until the infection is fully cleared.
- One month’s notice is required on leaving Kickstart.